There are several good BAMS colleges in Karnataka. Wherein, BAMS stands for Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery. It is a graduate degree awarded after the successful completion of five and half years of study; inclusive of one year of internship.
The course curriculum includes the study of modern anatomy, pathology & diagnostic procedures, physiology, preventive and social medicine, pharmacology, and the likes. All of which is corresponding to other Ayurvedic principles of Rachana Sharira, Kaya Chikitsa, Prasuti Tantra, Dravyuaguna etc.
The state of Karnataka provides interested students a plethora of choices, when they look for Ayurveda Colleges in Bangalore, or Ayurveda Colleges in Karnataka.
Few of the many colleges imparting BAMS degrees:
BAMS Colleges in Bangalore
- Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences
- Goutham College
- SDM Institute of Ayurveda
- Sri Sri College of Ayurvedic Science and Research,
- Govt. Ayurveda Medical College, and many more
BAMS Colleges in Karnataka
- Karnataka Ayurveda Medical College
- SDM Ayurveda College
- Bapuji Ayurvedic Medical College, and many more
Students aspiring for direct admission for BAMS in Bangalore, or direct admission for BAMS in Karnataka, need to have cleared:
- PUC II /10+2/ H.S.C (Science), or equivalent exams: It is mandatory to have cleared PCMB ( Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology), and English with minimum 50% for general category and minimum 40% for SC/ST students
- Students who have already completed BSC-I or B.Sc 0Degree from a recognized university with minimum 50% (general), 40% (SC/ST) in Chemistry, Biology and Zoology taken together
Bright Future after BAMS
For all students seeking direct admissions for BAMS in Bangalore or in other Ayurveda Colleges in Karnataka, following could be the career choices.
- In India, some states permit BAMS graduates to even practice modern/allopathic medicine. This allows them a wider scope of practice. This is in line with the privileges in the Drugs & Cosmetics Act 1940.
- Moreover, a BAMS doctor can work in the domains of
- Research- can pursue PhDs in niche research areas or work for various Pharmaceutical companies
- Pursue short duration courses in streams like Clinical Toxicology or Statistics and Epidemiology
- Hospital and Health Care Administration
- Pursue other PG and Diploma Courses
- Can pursue a Masters in Public Health
- Work in Hospitals and Healthcare Administration Departments, after pursuing a Masters in Public Health, Masters in Hospital Administration etc.
- Work as Health Supervisors, and
- Pursue a General Practice
- Associate with Academics